Garfield R. Jeffers
Phone: (509) 662-3685
Fax: (509) 662-2452
Garfield R. Jeffersjoined the original firm of Hughes & Jeffers in 1966. With the retirement of Joseph Hughes and the passing of Richard Jeffers in 1976, and in subsequent years the addition of new partners, the firm name changed to Jeffers, Danielson, Sonn & Aylward in the early 1980's.
Gar possesses a broad spectrum of experience in the profession. He also served as a part-time U.S. Magistrate from 1971-1974. Gar now devotes a substantial amount of time to serving as a private mediator and arbitrator, as well as representing Douglas Public Utility District and the Wells Hydroelectric Project.
Outside of work, Gar is an avid fly fisherman, bird hunter, skier and world traveler.
“We have grown from three lawyers to 24 in my tenure at the firm. We provide quality representation in most every area of the law. Our firm has great camaraderie amongst its attorneys and staff, which is beneficial to the client when working on complex matters with a team approach.”
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Municipal Law
- Contracts and Construction
- Private Mediator and Arbitrator
- University of Washington, B.A., 1962
- University of Texas, LL.B., 1965
- Texas State Bar Association (1965)
- Washington State Bar Association (1966)
- Served on Disciplinary Board
- Served on Legal Ethics Committee
- American Bar Association
- Chelan-Douglas County Bar Association
- President 1976-1977
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Fellow, American Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- 10-99 Board — Provides financial aid to family members of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.
- Supports many local youth athletic activities.
- Currently serving on University of Washington Tyee Board of Advisors.
- Served as Trustee of University of Washington Alumni Association.