Clay M. Gatens
Phone: (509) 662-3685
Fax: (509) 662-2452
Clay M. Gatens joined Jeffers, Danielson, Sonn & Aylward in 2009. Prior to joining JDSA, Mr. Gatens practiced law in Seattle. Additionally, Mr. Gatens acted as in-house counsel and managing member of a commercial real estate development group engaged in the development of high-density, mixed-use, and residential developments located in the City of Seattle.
Mr. Gatens’ practice includes all aspects of real estate transactional law, including development, acquisition, joint ventures, operation, leasing, financing, disposition and related transactions involving office, industrial, residential, retail and mixed-use properties. His practice also includes litigation concerning real estate, construction, and general civil litigation matters, including judicial foreclosures, non-judicial foreclosures, and real estate contract forfeitures.
Mr. Gatens also represents borrowers and lenders in a broad array of financing transactions; equity and asset acquisitions; commercial real estate transactions; entity formation; due diligence and title review; and general business transactions.
- Real Estate
- Land Use
- Corporate Transactions
- Civil Litigation
- University of Washington, B.A., Political Science, 1998
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2003 Law Review, Moot Court Board, Vice-Chair and Executive Board
- University of Washington, Master’s Certificate Commercial Real Estate, 2005
- Washington State Bar Association (2003)
Member, Real Property and Trust Section
Member, Construction Law Section
Member, Business Law Section
- Chelan-Douglas County Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties