Divorcing your spouse is a highly personal decision that involves many complicated and emotionally charged issues. The attorneys at JDSA understand this dynamic and have been a leader in the practice of Family Law in North Central Washington for three decades. We can help you navigate decisions affecting custody, visitation and support of your children and protect your interests from overreaching or aggressive tactics. We can also help you bring your family together through adoption. Some areas of law frequently handled by our attorneys engaged in the Family Law practice include the following:
- Divorce/Marital Dissolution and Legal Separation – Contested and Uncontested; Property Settlements including characterization and division of assets, businesses, stocks, and stock options; Separation Contracts and Property Agreements; Spousal Support/Maintenance.
- Matters Involving Children – Child Support, Parenting Plans, Custody and Parentage, Visitation, Modifications, Relocations, Guardians Ad Litem, Adoptions including Single Parents and Same-Sex Partners.
- Restraints – Domestic Violence, Protection Orders, Restraining Orders, Anti-Harassment Orders.
- Alternate Dispute Resolution – Negotiation, Arbitration, Mediation.
- Post Decree Matters – Contempt of Court, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, Modifications.
JDSA believes the best approach to resolving emotional and difficult family law issues is through alternative dispute resolution, such as collaboration, negotiation, arbitration, and mediation. When litigation is necessary, however, we are ready and have the largest and most experienced roster of litigation attorneys in North Central Washington.
Brian C. Huber
Michael E. Vannier