JDSA Welcomes Sally White
Sally joined Jeffers, Danielson, Sonn & Aylward, P.S. in 2015, after practicing law for five years as an associate attorney at Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP in San Francisco, California. Sally is admitted to the Bar in both Washington and California, and plans to continue her practice in both jurisdictions.
At Drinker, Sally represented pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in high stakes product liability and consumer fraud litigation in state and federal courts around the country. She is also experienced in commercial and employment disputes, appeals, and she represented an inmate pro bono in a post-conviction death penalty proceeding in Texas.
While practicing in California, Sally represented defendants in single-plaintiff actions, class actions, and multi-district and coordinated proceedings. Some of her past successes include the following:
- Sally acted as lead associate on cases and gained extensive experience in the pre-trial work-up of cases, including: drafting pleadings, motions, and discovery; taking and defending depositions; performing legal research and document review; counseling clients; negotiating with opposing counsel; and conducting witness interviews.
- Sally was a member of a national trial team during a product liability jury trial on behalf of defendants, in which the plaintiffs demanded over $100 million, and which resulted in a mistrial granted on a motion by the defense.
- Sally was a member of a trial team in Texas state court during a two-week evidentiary hearing in a post-conviction death penalty appeal on the issue of ineffective assistance of trial counsel for failure to investigate and present mitigating evidence, during which Sally cross-examined a critical State witness.
- Sally successfully argued an opposition to a motion for reconsideration of the grant of summary judgment in California federal court, resulting in dismissal of the case. When the plaintiff appealed, Sally drafted the appellate brief in support of the decision below, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed in her client’s favor.
- Sally drafted a number of appellate briefs and other appellate documents filed in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and California Supreme Court.
A Washington native, Sally moved to Wenatchee in August 2015 to be closer to family. In her free-time, Sally enjoys spending time with her husband Ben (a local veterinarian), their 1-year-old daughter Isobel, and their beloved pets – Prudence (a tortoiseshell cat), Klause (a black lab), and a lively aquarium of saltwater fish.
Sally looks forward to continuing her practice at JDSA, where she will practice in all areas of litigation, employment disputes, appeals, estate planning and probate matters, real estate transactions, and agricultural law, among others.