Sally F. White
Partner Since 2018
Practicing Since 2010
Phone: (509) 662-3685
Sally F. White practices intellectual property law, complex commercial litigation, and consumer class actions. She represents a diverse array of clients, ranging from multinational corporations to small businesses and individuals. Sally assists clients in the selection, protection, and enforcement of their trademarks, service marks, and certification marks. She is experienced in food labeling matters and acts as outside general counsel for a large gluten-free food certification organization. Sally also handles a variety of unfair competition, unfair business practices, and state consumer protection act claims.
Sally joined JDSA in August 2015 after practicing as an attorney at Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP in San Francisco, California, where she represented pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in high stakes product liability and consumer fraud actions, and large employers in employment litigation in state and federal courts around the country. She also represented an inmate pro bono in a post-conviction death penalty proceeding in Texas.
While in law school, Sally was a judicial extern for the Hon. William Alsup of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, and served on her law school’s Moot Court Board and Law Review staff. Sally graduated with a J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of San Francisco School of Law, and with a B.A., cum laude, from Gonzaga University.
- Guidance for Industry & Consumers in Navigating Confusing “Gluten-Free” Terminology, Wenatchee World, 2018
- Trademark 101: Choose It, Own It, Protect It, Police It, Wenatchee World, 2016
- Employers Beware: Asking a Job Applicant About His or Her Criminal History May Result in Civil Liability, 2015
- Served With a State Human Rights Complaint? What Now?, Wenatchee World, 2015
- The Next Four Years: A Prescription for Change, Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, 2013
When not practicing law, Sally enjoys spending time with her husband Ben (a local veterinarian), 3 ½ year-old daughter Isobel, and 1-year-old son Calvin, and enjoys exercising, backpacking, traveling, baking, singing, and her pets – a black lab named Klaus, a tortoiseshell cat named Prudence, and a Lynx Point rescue cat named Monte.