A Full-Service Law Firm Committed To Your Journey For Life
Chris Hysom joined Jeffers, Danielson, Sonn & Aylward in 2022 with two decades prior legal experience. His first few years of practice were in the public sector as a contract city prosecutor and later as staff counsel to the Legislature advising elected officials on numerous state and federal matters. He then spent nearly a decade as sole in-house counsel to a privately-held real estate development company managing legal, risk management, and public affairs matters for a 2,400 acre development project in Issaquah, WA. Coupled with a subsequent five year period at a boutique law firm in north Seattle, he offers extensive experience in contract negotiations, real property and land use issues, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, risk management, and government & public affairs. Chris' skillset and experience equip him with the ability to translate complicated legal matters into practical business solutions on efficient time frames.
Chris is an accredited risk manager, a certified real estate instructor, formerly a licensed real estate broker, and most importantly, husband and father of three. His favorite pastimes include adventuring in the great outdoors, playing soccer, and pizza.
His primary areas of practice focus on Real Estate, Land Use, Contracts, and Business/Commercial Law.
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2001
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Major: Foreign Policy and Security
Community Board Memberships & Volunteer Activities
- Youth Soccer Coach, LWSA, 2017-2019
- Cub Scouts, Tiger Den Leader, Pack 581 (2017)
- Issaquah Chamber of Commerce, Board Member and Officer, 2007-2012
- Washington State Bar Association
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM), 2012
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), 2015