Legal Advisers For Municipalities And Other Local Government Bodies And Agencies
At Jeffers, Danielson, Sonn & Aylward, P.S., our experienced lawyers help in municipal matters. Our attorneys provide strong representation to a variety of governmental entities, including city councils and county and municipal agencies.
We provide a wide range of legal services to counties, cities, water and sewer districts, irrigation districts and public utility districts. Our areas of emphasis include the following:
- Construction and procurement for public entities
- Real property condemnation
- Land use and environmental regulation enforcement
- The counseling of municipalities on proper procedures and practices
- Litigation representation
We help cities design and revise municipal charters and corporations. We advise on their power to police their residents and the enforcement of municipal ordinances. To discuss your city’s or village’s areas of concern, schedule a consultation with one of our municipal law attorneys.
General Counsel For Cities And Towns
Our municipal practice covers legal aspects of construction and procurement for public entities; zoning, land use and real property condemnation; proper procedures and practices for municipalities; and litigation representation. Our clients look to us for guidance on the following:
- Environmental law matters, such as water protection, water rights and mandatory cleanup of toxic waste sites
- The interface of municipal laws with land use and conservation organizations or citizen-led efforts
- Municipalities’ regulations and challenges involving land use and agricultural practices within city limits and on county lands bordering city limits
In every instance, we strive to provide you with the finest representation and solid legal advice designed to meet your needs efficiently, for the betterment of your community. Our lawyers work hard to do the legwork to arrive at recommendations that your local leaders and constituents will readily agree to. We help cities prevent lawsuits and prevail when litigation becomes unavoidable.
Dispute Resolution On A Local Government Level
Our firm’s attorneys help with a full array of legal issues having to do with municipalities and other local government bodies, such as the following:
- Resolving conflicts over the installation and upkeep of roads
- Providing general counsel in board meetings, executive sessions
- Condemnation and lease issues for installing power lines
- Public bids for street and sewer reconstruction
- Resolution of union grievances
- Allegations of wrongful termination by municipalities and other local governments
- Lawsuits over a failure to provide public records in a timely manner
- Civil rights violation allegations and lawsuits
Request A Needs Analysis
From law offices in Wenatchee, our attorneys advise clients with municipal law concerns in communities throughout central Washington, including the Spokane area. We also welcome inquiries from the Seattle area and beyond.