Legal Assistance, Guidance And Representation On Agricultural Law Issues
Our firm, Jeffers, Danielson, Sonn & Aylward, P.S., is a leader in agricultural law. We are located in the heart of Pacific Northwest agriculture, in Wenatchee, Washington. But our reputation in agriculture law goes well beyond the Pacific Northwest. We have a national reputation in agriculture law, representing many of the leading U.S. agricultural producers. Our team knows agriculture law because our firm has been at it for over 70 years.
In addition to the country’s largest tree fruit producers, our clients include:
- Packing and processing warehouses
- Agricultural management companies
- Fruit storage operators
- Tree nurseries
- Industry associations
- Agriculture vendors and service providers
- Farm labor contractors
- Equipment manufacturers and suppliers
- Investment groups
We also represent municipalities that are reviewing proposals and requests for permission to use the land. Our extensive work with municipalities includes public utility districts, counties and cities, irrigation, and water and sewer districts. We offer a broad base of knowledge and experience in land use concerns. Our team often works with corporations that desire to utilize land that is owned or occupied by another party or entity.
Our Team’s Areas Of Emphasis
We have a solid reputation for providing intelligent and legally accurate guidance for our clients on a host of issues related to land use. Many land issues also involve environmental concerns. We are well-versed in every area of this practice and offer assiduous navigation on issues concerning land use and water law. Our specific areas of practice include:
- Agricultural transactions
- Agriculture financing
- Broker-dealer representation
- Cattle farming
- Clean Air Act
- Clean Water Act
- Commission merchant matters
- Crop harvesting regulations
- Crop loss
- Environment law
- Equipment leasing
- Formation issues, such as sole proprietorship, LLC or corporation
- General representation of packing facilities
- Water law
- Livestock health and reproduction issues
- Marketing and sales agencies
- Orchard matters
- Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA)
- Sales, purchases, joint ventures
- Seed issues
We assist both public and private sector clients. We advise on applicable codes, zoning and regulations and procure the necessary permits to utilize the most direct route forward.
Agricultural Acumen That Streamlines The Process
JDSA Law represents clients in all aspects of the business of agriculture, from issues involving the land to growing operations, food processing and storage, marketing and sales. This includes matters such as:
- Land use: In agriculture, it all starts with the land. To do our job well, it’s not enough to know real estate law. Agricultural real estate brings into play many issues unique to the industry. JDSA Law helps our agriculture clients with every aspect of acquisition, financing and management of the real estate.
- Growth operations: Agricultural operations are complicated. The lawyers at JDSA Law have deep knowledge and experience with the laws and regulations and complicated legal issues, that affect every aspect of an agricultural operation.
- Warehousing: Production and storage of food is a complicated and heavily regulated business. JDSA Law has decades of experience with all legal aspects of this business.
- Labor and employment law: Employees are the foundation of a successful agricultural operation, but the labor and employment laws specific to agricultural workers are complex and complicated. From seasonal and migrant workers to labor contracting and corporate management, JDSA Law understands the unique elements of agricultural labor, and our lawyers help our agriculture clients navigate all aspects of employment issues.
- Market concerns: Bringing food products to market (farm to table) involves complicated logistical challenges and contractual relationships and takes place in a heavily regulated environment. JDSA Law understands this environment and helps the leading agriculture producers successfully navigate these challenges.
- Business law: Agriculture is a business, and it can be a complicated business at that. The lawyers at JDSA Law have decades of experience helping our agricultural clients manage all of the legal aspects of their large and complicated businesses.
- Agribusiness investment: JDSA Law represents agriculture investors and those seeking investment in all aspects of the agricultural and business – or agribusiness – investment process.
We also help our clients when disputes arise. We understand the complex nature of land use and the relevant local, state and federal regulations involved in these projects. We work to ensure clear communication and smooth relations between the municipality and federal agencies for a streamlined and successful resolution.
The Full-Service Firm Your Issue Requires
Turn to our team for the accessible legal assistance your issue needs. Call 509-662-3685 or reach out via email. Located in Wenatchee, we serve clients throughout Washington state. Members of our legal team are also licensed in Oregon, California and Alaska.