A Full-Service Law Firm Committed To Your Journey For Life
Sally W. Harmeling
Practicing Since 2010
- Intellectual Property Law
- Employment & Labor Law
- Family Law
Licensed in Washington, Oregon, and California
Sally is a hard worker and an aggressive litigator and advisor.
With more than 13-years' experience, Sally litigates civil and commercial disputes, including acting as lead litigator on multi- and single-party matters. Sally handles all aspects of litigation, including pre-litigation negotiations and preparations, lawsuit initiation, discovery and depositions, dispositive motions, trial, and appellate work. Sally is experienced in alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
In addition, Sally practices employment and intellectual property law, both as a litigator and an advisor. She assists clients in selecting, protecting, and policing their intellectual property rights, including prosecuting trademark applications in front of the United States Patent and Trademark Office and litigating trademark infringement. Sally is experienced in protecting certification marks, and acts as outside general counsel for a large gluten-free certification organization. Sally is a former member of the Executive Committee of the Washington State Bar Association's Intellectual Property Section.
Sally grew up in Pacific, Washington, and attended Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington, where she graduated cum laude. Sally later graduated magna cum laude from the University of San Francisco School of Law. Sally practiced law at Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, an AmLaw 100 Firm in San Francisco, before moving to Wenatchee and joining JDSA.
Sally currently serves as the President of the Chelan-Douglas Counties Bar Association, and she is on the Boards of Directors for Wenatchee's Numerica Performing Arts Center and for Stage Kids, a non-profit whose mission it is to equip the youth of North Central Washington with the life skills, character, and relationships for a bright future through the proven power of musical theater. She previously served on the Boards of Directors of the Chelan Douglas County Volunteer Attorney Services and her local homeowners' association, and was a member of the Wenatchee Valley Follies Guild and Children's Foundation.
In her free time, Sally enjoys spending time with her husband Ben (a local veterinarian) and their three children, running, traveling, baking, singing, and local community performing arts.
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Washington State Supreme Court
- Guidance for Industry & Consumers in Navigating Confusing “Gluten-Free” Terminology, Wenatchee World, 2018
- Trademark 101: Choose It, Own It, Protect It, Police It, Wenatchee World, 2016
- Employers Beware: Asking a Job Applicant About His or Her Criminal History May Result in Civil Liability, 2015
- Served With a State Human Rights Complaint? What Now?, Wenatchee World, 2015
- The Next Four Years: A Prescription for Change, Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, 2013
- Sally was selected by her peers as a Washington Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Federal Bar Association for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2021 Annual Conference and CLE, Remotely Litigating – Part 1: Pre-Trial (October 2021)
- New Hope, Spark Change Mission-Driven Community Roundtable Event: Certifications Supporting Industrywide Transparency (September 2020)
- WAFLA 2020 Workforce Summit, Prevailing Wage Rates – Will You Have to Pay Them? (January 2020)
- Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo, Los Angeles, CA - How to Prevent the "Gluten-Free" Craze from Becoming a Mislabeling Nightmare (August 2018)
- Wenatchee Valley Chamber of Commerce What’s for Lunch Presentation – A Trademark Law Primer (May 2018)
- Centerforce's Women in Law & IP Seminar Presentation - Work-Life & Career Management: Creating the Right Blend for Your Goals in Life (Nov 2017)