For Confidence And Clear Direction In Commercial Real Estate Purchases
The importance of using local, knowledgeable lawyers who are well-versed in the intricacies of the commercial real estate purchase process in north-central and eastern Washington and beyond cannot be overemphasized.
While purchasing real estate can be a lucrative investment, conversely, it can spell disaster if the purchase process isn’t handled correctly. Your transaction is too important to leave to chance.
At Jeffers, Danielson, Sonn & Aylward, P.S., our Washington real estate attorneys understand this and are here to help you every step of the way. With over 150 combined years of experience, our legal team is uniquely qualified to handle your commercial real estate purchase.
Why You Need A Washington Real Estate Lawyer To Purchase Property
Washington is a smart place to invest in real estate. We boast a strong economy and large parcels of land that are attractive to investors. In addition, many areas have been designated “Opportunity Zones,” which means that investors may qualify for preferential tax treatment for their purchases.
As attractive as our real estate is, a real estate transaction can go horribly wrong if you are not familiar with the unique issues that can arise. A few things to consider are:
- Do I need to change business entities – or create one – to increase the benefits of land investment?
- What are the tax consequences of purchasing land in Washington?
- Am I getting a fair price for the property?
- Are there any hidden problems with the property that I don’t know about (unstable land, fire hazards)?
- Will I have free use and access to my water rights on the property?
- What kinds of agricultural issues could hinder my use of the property?
- Can a lawyer help if the title to the property is encumbered?
- Are there any environmental issues that could prohibit me from using the property?
- Can this property be purchased through a 1031 exchange?
- What if the other party doesn’t keep their obligations under the purchase agreement?
Because of our experience, we are able to address our clients’ unique needs and minimize their worries and concerns throughout the purchase process. Should a dispute arise, we strive to resolve the matter quickly and efficiently. If an amicable resolution can’t be reached, we are ready to assist you in pursuing the matter through arbitration or mediation or by litigating the matter in state or federal court. Our attorneys also appear before regulatory agencies on behalf of clients regarding zoning and land use matters, environmental issues and other real property concerns.
At JDSA Law, we take the guesswork out of purchasing commercial property. We know the nuances of purchasing real estate in north-central and eastern Washington, particularly in Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Adams, Kittitas, Okanogan and Walla Walla counties and beyond.
Why Choose Us?
When you choose our firm, you have access to more than just the services of a real estate lawyer. JDSA Law is one of the largest law firms in north-central and eastern Washington and is comprised of lawyers from diverse backgrounds and experience. If a tax, environmental, or corporate issue arises, we can consult with our greater legal team to get you the answers you need. Commercial real estate purchases are the second part of our four-step commercial real estate service, which we created to help our clients navigate the world of real estate transactions as smoothly as possible.
Our firm was established in 1946 and has stood the test of time because of the quality and value we provide to our clients. When you hire us, you will receive legal representation backed by more than 150 combined years of experience and local knowledge. We know Washington real estate and have built solid relationships throughout the industry.
Our Real Estate Purchase Services
Our Washington real estate lawyers can be involved in every aspect of the purchase and are experienced with the following areas:
- Purchase documentation: We negotiate and draft letters of intent, purchase agreements and other documentation required for your transaction.
- Title insurance: We review the title of the property to identify any defects or encumbrances that might affect the use of your targeted property. Because of our relationships with local title companies, if a problem arises, we can work with them to resolve the issue.
- Breach of contract: If another party to the transaction fails to perform, our team can pursue specific performance or seek a temporary restraining order (TRO) to force the sale.
- Water rights: Water rights issues are important in Washington. We are experienced in dealing with state and local regulations and have relationships with the agencies that enforce them.
- Environmental issues: If an environmental issue arises, our historical knowledge and experience enable us to navigate the applicable codes.
- Agricultural issues: As a leader in agricultural law, we can anticipate many problems that could interfere with our clients’ intended uses of their property and promptly identify unexpected issues that could arise.
- Leases: Should there be existing leases on the property, we can work to create a smooth transition of the landlord-tenant relationship.
- 1031 exchanges/ property transfers: Should the property be part of a 1031 exchange or property transfer, we can work to create a smooth, successful transaction.
If you are considering a commercial real estate purchase, speak with one of our Washington real estate attorneys for guidance. We understand the complexities of the local real estate market and the underlying laws related to these transactions. Decades of experience, a proven track record of success and local knowledge make for a winning combination. Come experience the difference at JDSA Law.
Contact us or call 509-300-3885 to discuss your real estate needs.